VAST Update 1.0.7 LIVE: Patch Notes
With VAST 1.0.7, the game has soft-launched on iOS worldwide! Optimizations for this are carried over and even extended to the tvOS version to restore playability to Apple TV 4 and up (including Apple TV 4K), DESPITE the ‘Titanium Moth’ bug (which quadruples Unity engine’s memory footprint on iOS/tvOS) and is still unresolved by Apple/Unity on their end. Apple TV 4 customers will be delighted to learn they can play VAST along with their Apple TV 4K friends again. Because of this, texture compression became super-high across the game and presentation resolution on tvOS was set to 1K (which we anticipate is temporary due to the Titanium Moth bug since VAST used to run at 2K on both Apple TV 4 and Apple TV 4K at launch).
Known issues with 1.0.7:
- BUG – 1.0.7 – iOS: The Touch ‘Back’ Buttons on the Front End UI for the Episodes and Credits screens are not appearing for the live version as they had in testing
All previous patch notes related to hotfixes for ‘Titanium Moth’:
- VAST 1.0.7 Patch Notes
- VAST 1.0.6 ‘Titanium Moth’ Final Hotfix Patch Notes
- VAST 1.0.5 ‘Titanium Moth’ Hotfix Patch Notes
- VAST 1.0.4 ‘Titanium Moth’ Hotfix Patch Notes
- VAST 1.0.3 ‘Titanium Moth’ Hotfix Patch Notes
- VAST 1.0.2 ‘Titanium Moth’ Hotfix Patch Notes
The original posts about ‘Titanium Moth’:
- Hotfix: VAST Ep1v1 Running on tvOS Again DESPITE Apple/Unity ‘Titanium Moth’ Bug – Update Shipping Soon!
- VAST Bug: tvOS: Level Loading Unity Memory Issue
Ongoing Unity Forum Thread about Titanium Moth:
More exciting announcements, surprises, and new content are all coming soon in 2019! Subscribe to our newsletter, sign up at the forum, follow us on Facebook and Astrogun’s Twitter / VAST’s Twitter, (if you haven’t already) buy VAST on iOS and tvOS (and tell all your friends too!)! Your support means a lot to us and keeps us going! Stay tuned for more!