VAST Update 1.0.4 LIVE: Continued Hotfixes for ‘Titanium Moth’
VAST patches continue with 1.0.4 now live on the tvOS App Store! Be sure to turn on Automatic App Updates: Settings -> Apps -> Automatically Update Apps (On) & Automatically Install Apps (On)
The fixed bugs today are:
- FIXED: Jump has Become Weird (Sometimes it seems like the Player jumps into himself, blocking his own jump)
- FIXED: Teleport-Out FOV Warp-Out Camera Effect No Longer Working
No new bugs seem to have resulted from these repairs.
Remaining known bugs related to this repair push:
- HUD UI Elements Have Broken Masks (only in builds, not in Editor)
- Doors(?) are showing up in the Radar as Dark Lines
- All Ally NPCs have Lost Their Poses and Aren’t Accepting Pose Logic
- Beautify Lens Flares No Longer Work (only on tvOS) and Unity’s Native Post-Processing Bloom Barely Works with White Blobs for Faulty Shader NaN Pixels: no bloom / flares are currently used for the time being.
- Viewing More than 1 Terminal Hits ‘Titanium Moth’ Memory Wall & Crashes App (this will be fixed naturally & automatically when Apple/Unity fix ‘Titanium Moth’ and is thus not actually a bug but a side-effect of the ‘Titanium Moth’ bug; we may be able to achieve a workaround hotfix by further optimizing graphics assets at even harsher quality compressions) – For now, we recommend only viewing the last terminal at the end of the Episode to teleport out and complete the level
We are continuing to patch as many of these now minor-only bugs that remain in the effort to restore VAST despite the Titanium Moth bug before we resume work on new content/features. Expect more updates soon!
It is worth mentioning that the hotfix to get Episode 1 running again despite the ‘Titanium Moth‘ bug only works on Apple TV 4K currently until Apple/Unity themselves actually fix the bug generated on their end. Appel TV 4 simply does not have enough memory for the hotfix workaround to work. We recommend getting Apple TV 4K for the BEST VAST experience!